Not All Roads Lead to Heaven!
Someone will say, “We are all just travelling different roads to the same place.” The problem with that statement is, all but one of the roads man travels leads to eternal damnation, not eternal bliss. Although there are many sincerely-held beliefs about life and the hereafter, the Bible says: “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death” (Prov. 14:12).
There is Only One Way to Heaven!
Jesus said, “I am THE way, THE truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6). Multitudes are going to find out, too late, that the road they are travelling leads to hell, not heaven. How about you? If you were to die today, are you absolutely 100% certain that you would go to heaven? Do you have eternal life?
AND KNOW IT
1. It IS possible to know that you have eternal life. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” (1 John 5:13)
2. You must realize that you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
3. You must realize that you do not deserve to go to heaven, but rather, because you are a sinner, deserve eternal torment, which the Bible calls “the second death.”
“For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) 14 “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20)
4. You need to understand what God, in love, has done to keep you from suffering eternal torment. 3 “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” (1 Corinthians 15)
The key expression in the above verse that most people have never paid attention to is “for our sins.” Christ paid, 2000 years ago, for every sin that you would ever commit. “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
Now eternal life is offered as a free gift. For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
But a gift is not possessed until it is PERSONALLY RECEIVED…
5. You must know how you can personally receive God’s gift of eternal life. 29 “Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” (Acts 16)
To believe on Christ means to trust, or depend, upon His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection to pardon you and take you to heaven. Are you willing to do that? It is not something you do with your body; it is something you do with your heart.
If you will right now, for the first time in your life, trust Christ’s sacrifice for you to give you eternal life, do it.
6. Then, take God at His word. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:36)
“He that believeth on the Son…” Is that YOU now? If it is, what does the Bible say that you have? “…eternal life…” AMEN.
Now, if you have done that, let me know. I will be glad to help you get started in the Christian life.
Michael D. O’Neal
Pastor, Glenwood Baptist Church, Jacksonville, FL email@example.com