SEVEN SINS OF THE FIRST LADY AND HER SIDEKICK
(THIS IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON )
her sins, because her sins were the same sins that many people commit today, men, women, boys and girls.
I. SHE CONSIDERED TO THE SERPENT
A. He will cause you to doubt the scriptures
- “Yea, hath God said …?”
- He will get you to doubt the message of the Bible – the very words
- He will lead you to doubt the miracles of the Bible
- He will lead you to doubt the “minutes” of the Bible – the miniscule details of names, ages, weights, measures, and numbers.
B. He will cause you to delay salvation or service
- His most powerful temptation is to “DO THE RIGHT THING LATER.”
- He says get saved later.
- He says get baptized later.
- He says join the church later.
- Felix – Acts 24:25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.
- Agrippa – Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
C. He will cause you to disobey God
- He will get you to quit what God told you to do.
- He will lead you to start what God told you NOT to do.
D. He will cause you to depart from God’s place for you
- Someone said that Eve ate Adam out of house and home.
- Jonah wanted to go somewhere other than where God told him to go – Nineveh.
Don’t listen to him!
Don’t even THINK about his offers!
II. SHE CHANGED THE SCRIPTURES
A. She abandoned an important word
- She omitted the word, “freely” when she said, “We may eat …” God told them in Gen. 2:16 that they could FREELY eat.
- This reminds us that salvation is a GIFT. Not only that, it is a FREE gift. Christ paid for it when He died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
- This reminds me of how many of the new “Bibles” leave out the words, “through his blood,” in Col. 2:14.
B. She added some false words
- She said, “neither shall ye touch it!
- God never told them they could not touch the tree. Perhaps that was a good idea, but it was wrong to say that God said something He didn’t say!
- We need to be careful that we let people know what the Bible SAYS and be sure to make a difference between that and what we think the BibleTEACHES, SUGGESTS or IMPLIES.
C. She altered God’s pure words
- She said, “lest ye die,” but God said, “thou shalt SURELY die.”
- One of the first sins committed by man on earth was to change theword of God!
III. SHE CAVED IN TO SUGGESTION
A. The lust of the flesh
- She “saw that the tree was good for food”
- The devil will sidetrack you by an appeal to your desire to make more money and have more “things.”
- Be careful. Being able to teach a Sunday School class is more important than making enough money to put a swimming pool in your back yard. Think twice and pray three times before you take that second job or start working that shift work. God gave permission for a husband to be away from his wife for a time during WAR, not for the purpose of putting more food on the table.
B. The lust of the eyes
- “and that it was pleasant to the eyes”
- Many people succumb to this. They go after something because it LOOKS good.
- That could be a car, a house, a suit of clothes, jewelry, a man, or a woman.
- It is not wrong to HAVE beautiful things, but one of the commandments of God, found in both Testaments, is “THOU SHALT NOT COVET.”
C. The pride of life
- “and a tree to be desired to make one wise”
- Pride is the number one sin on God’s hate list in Prov. 6.
- Pride knocked the devil out of his position in heaven.
- People have pride of face, pride of race, pride of place, and even some of grace.
- Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
IV. SHE CORRUPTED HER SPOUSE
her; and he did eat.
A. She drew him in
B. She defiled him
C. She destroyed him
- The wages of sin is death
- Adam WAS responsible for what he did, but he did it at the bidding of his wife!
V. SHE COVERED HER SIN
A. A religion of their own choosing
B. A righteousness of their own making
- It is as filthy rags.
C. A reasoning of their own understanding
- “At least I’m not as bad as So-and- So.”
- “At least I’m not a hypocrite like “So-and-So. I’m not a church member.”
VI. SHE CONCEALED HERSELF FROM HER SAVIOR
A. People avoid commitment
- That’s why some people won’t get saved. They are afraid they will have to “live it” and won’t be able. They are too proud.
- That’s why many people don’t get baptized, join a church, teach a class, etc.
B. People avoid confrontation
- With God
- With God’s word
- With their sin